IT Support Engineer / System Administrator
‹ Back to search results
Search our jobs
Location: Sub Saharan Africa
Job ID: LB/HQ00017236
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 12/04/17
We are seeking an IT Support Engineer (French Speaker) Based in Cape Town, working for a Global Engineering Consultancy
We are looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer / System Administrator to expand our IT support team based in Cape Town, responsible for the IT support in the African continent.
You are expected to support the complete IT infrastructure as well as provide high quality support to end-users.
You will be responsible for the operational support and maintenance of the African IT infrastructure according to the regional and global IT architecture
You will have contact with suppliers on operational issues, problems, requests and updates.
You will create and maintain relevant system documentation and instruction guides.
You will travel to other offices to implement new and/or maintain and enhance the existing IT infrastructure and train local staff.
Your primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Incident Management
- Problem and Change Management
- Service request management
- End-user lifecycle management
- Pro-active Operations
- Service Recovery
- Continuous Improvement
- Quality Control
- Write and maintain System Documentation
- Coordinate resources and suppliers
- Server- and database installation and management
- Technical and functional application support
- Network management
- Server hardware management, including storage- and backup systems
The successful candidate has fun in his/her job. You have great social and communication skills. You are flexible and stress resistant. Customer focus and customer sensitivity is important to you.
You are result driven and strive towards customer satisfaction. You aren't afraid to ask for help and are always ready to lend a hand.
Continuous improvement of the quality of work as well as your own knowledge and skills is high on your list and you own these responsibilities.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally
- Fluent in French, both written and verbally
- An IT/ICT related study or background, minimum level B.Sc., EQF-5/ EQF-6 or equivalent
- Good analytical skills
- At least 5 years of experience as IT Support Engineer in a flexible, dynamic business environment
- Good social and communicative skills
- ITIL certification
- Recent certification on Windows Desktop/Server software and Office
- Up to date MCSE, MCDST or at least MCSA certification
- Knowledge and understanding of company health, security, safety, environmental quality procedures
- Experience with most of these systems: Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Windows Server, PowerShell, O365, SharePoint, Active Directory, SCCM, telecom (fixed and mobile)
- Willing to participate in standby support shifts after office hours and in weekends
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's license
Offer: Competitive base salary, good benefits. Temporary housing and Car. Open to relocation assistance
+27 21 200 5570