Tax Accountant & Compliance Specialist (Africa)
‹ Back to search results
Search our jobs
Location: Sub Saharan Africa
Job ID: LB/HQ00017233
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 12/04/17
We are seeking a Tax Accountant & Compliance Specialist (Africa), based in Cape Town, working for a Global engineering design and infrastructure organisations.
The Tax Accountant & Compliance Specialist Africa will be part of the Tax Centre of Excellence and will support all entities in the Africa region on tax related issues.
The Tax Accountant & Compliance Specialist is responsible for tax accounting and tax reporting and will help strengthen the tax function.
This position will include supporting the Regional Tax Manager Africa in managing tax audits and tax queries for operating entities in the region, to promote Group tax compliance.
The role will report to the Regional Tax Manager (Africa), with accounting interface with the Finance Operations manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tax Accounting and Reporting:
- Support and review entity controllers on proper booking of tax entries, including preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation / Review and analysis of tax related disclosures in external financial statements, including preparation of quarterly tax reports for the entities in the Africa region
- Assist in maintenance and improvement of tax calculation model and supporting instructions
- Working with the Regional Tax Manager on specific tax related projects in the region
- Preparation of deferred tax computations and analyses in support of associated internal reporting requirements
Tax Compliance and Audit Management:
- Review and/or prepare the direct/indirect tax returns for the entities in the Africa region including supervision of external advisors dealing with outsourced tax returns
- Control of direct/indirect tax compliance process
- Monitor tax audits and be the contact point for tax related external audits. Including reviewing preparedness for tax audits, preparation of appropriate documentation on uncertain tax positions, transactions, risks, etc.
- Preparation of supporting documentation in support of Transfer Pricing reporting requirements in Africa
- Contribute to further development of the Group tax control framework
- Continuously looking for improvements regarding the tax accounting and compliance process.
- Initiate and drive improvement projects, setting up new control / measurement systems to manage overall tax compliance in the Africa region
- Assist with quarterly close for tax reporting and other tasks when necessary
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant Degree in Taxation/Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of tax experience in a multinational corporate environment with regional Africa exposure or at 'Big Four' handling direct and/or indirect taxes.
- Computer literate: MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting systems (preferably Navision and Hyperion Financial Management would be advantageous)
- Strong communication skills with excellent language skills in English (written and spoken)
- Competencies: accurate, analytical, independent, organized, pro-active, team player
Offer: Competitive base salary with good benefits.
+27 21 200 5570