Exceptional opportunity with the leading energy project developer whose mission is to build large-scale offshore wind farms in the U.S. In this role you will pave the way for an entirely new energy market poised for massive growth.
A strategic partnership aligning project development and technical expertise with significant access to capital and commitment to developing world-class energy projects. Our client seeks to develop, build, and operate the first large-scale offshore wind project while building a project portfolio of subsequent offshore wind assets.
The HSE Manager is part of the Project Management team with complete oversight and responsibility of Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) performance across all project phases. The HSE Manager works closely with each Package Manager to ensure safety for their respective project areas.
- Lead all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining HSE initiatives across the project and ensure HSE performance targets are achieved.
- Support HSE decision making with all stakeholders including , Project Managers, Project Director and Board of Directors.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local HSE guidelines and policies.
- Prepare and present HSE documentation in support of project packages.
- Ensure that HSE guidelines are agreed and adopted by subcontractors performing work throughout the project.
- Continuous improvement – develop HSE procedures when necessary and continuously seek to improve safety across all project phases.
- Conduct compliance inspections and audits to ensure the HSE procedures are routinely practices. Conduct Incident Investigations as required.
The successful candidate will have experience organizing and managing safety protocols for large construction projects in marine/offshore environments. Additional qualifications include;
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (BS Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical disciplines preferred). Post-graduate degree (MS/MBA/PMP) is also preferred.
- Track record of successful HSE planning and management of complex infrastructure projects (wind, power, telecom, offshore and subsea energy).
- Clear and articulate communicator – ability to design and implement safety programs while clearly communicating with all levels of staff within the Company (Field Installation, Project Managers, Board-level).
- Demonstrable track record of leadership, accountability and ownership – confident decision-making, high degree of professionalism, and experience with managing unpredictable situations.